Get ready to #ShareTheLoveCamarillo! Restaurant Week is a seven-day celebration and promotion of Camarillo restaurants, encouraging people to support local by ordering takeout or dining safely outdoors February 8 through 14, 2021. Each day leading up to Valentine’s Day, a different business will take over Visit Camarillo’s Instagram account, with the help of Foodie Blogger @lysseats805, and post a daily giveaway. Support any restaurant by ordering takeout or dining safely outdoors and be sure to tag us in your Instagram photos and use #SharetheLoveCamarillo for a chance to win the Grand Prize! More info below.
Restaurant Week Instagram Takeovers
Monday, February 8 ‘Mimosa Monday’ by Old Town Café
Established in 2011, our quaint Old Town Café has become a favorite Breakfast & Lunch spot on the Boulevard! We are a small family owned café nestled in the heart of Camarillo’s Old Town next to the Bella Capri Inn & Suites. Social Media Giveaway on 2/8/2021 – $25 Gift Card to Old Town Café.
Tuesday, February 9 ‘Beer & Valentine’s Day Food Pairings’ with Twisted Oak Tavern
Twisted Oak Tavern brings a modern take on the traditional tavern, each dish prepared from scratch with locally sourced ingredients, along with an on-site brewery producing their own craft beers. Social Media Giveaway on 2/9/2021 – $50 Gift Card to Twisted Oak Tavern.
Fresh Curry Chefs offers delicious meal kits so you can enjoy fresh, delicious Indian food in 15 minutes or less. Try a variety of dinner, snacks, drinks, and dessert options. In addition to their meal kits, they also have ready to eat options that you can enjoy anytime! Social Media Giveaway on 2/11/2021 – $50 Gift Card to Fresh Curry Chefs.
Thursday, February 11 ‘Romantic Date Night’ with Slate Bistro & Craft Bar
Slate Bistro & Craft Bar is a family-owned restaurant featuring fusion food made with the freshest ingredients. They feature a full bar with specialty cocktails you won’t find anywhere else. Slate’s menu offers an array of classics like brick oven pizza, a variety of salads, steak, chicken, pasta, sandwiches, and much more. Social Media Giveaway – Intimate 5 course dinner for two prepared by Chef Abdu Romero.
Friday, February 12 ‘Valentine’s Day Drinks’ with Basil & Mint Vietnamese Cafe & The Amendment
Basil & Mint Vietnamese Cafe offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine in the heart of Camarillo. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite on your lunch break or a nice evening with close friends, Basil & Mint is your one-stop-shop for good Pho and a good time. Social Media Giveaway on 2/12/2021 – $50 Gift Card to Basil & Mint Vietnamese Café
Saturday, February 13 ‘Treat Yourself to a Local Dessert’ with Tifa Chocolate & Gelato
Tifa Chocolate & Gelato is a unique experience in a dessert café setting. From a blend of handcrafted classic and traditional gelato flavors with the freshest ingredients, to an assortment of artisan chocolate bars from around the world. Delight in in-house freshly made Truffles, Bon-Bons, Caramels, and Nut Clusters using quality ingredients or try their fresh pastries, espresso, pour-over coffee, and cold brew. Social Media Giveaway on 2/13/2021 – Gift Basket and $20 Gift Card to Tifa Chocolate & Gelato
Sunday, February 14 Grand Prize ‘Visit Camarillo Foodie Lover’s Package’
Foodie Lover’s rejoice, our grand prize consists of items sourced from Camarillo (or neighboring) businesses, gift cards and Visit Camarillo swag!
- $100 Gift Card to a restaurant of your choice
- California Soul Coffee
- Epicurean Olive Oil
- Institution Ale Swag
- Underwood Ranch Sauces
- Camarillo Cider House (21+)
- Visit Camarillo Swag
How to enter: Support local restaurants during Restaurant Week, snap some pics and upload to Instagram. Be sure to tag us and use #SharetheLoveCamarillo to be automatically entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Winner will be announced Sunday, February 14, 2021 on Instagram.
Valentine’s Day Specials Around Town:
- Rolling Pin Donuts Camarillo: Heart-shaped donuts: $1.50 each, $9 for ½ dozen, $17 for one dozen
- Cafe Ficelle: Cookie decorating kits: four naked cookies, three containers of frosting, piping bags, sprinkles. Price: $25
- Manhattan of Camarillo: Prix Fixe Menu, add a special wine selected sparkling wine $28/ bottle. Price: $65 per person
- Painting with a Twist: Virtual Valentine’s Day kit: Includes 1 bottle of wine, live zoom instruction, 2 canvases, 2 sets of brushes, 2 sets of paints, 2 paint water cups, 2 paper plates, 2 table plates, 2 disposable aprons. Must be 21+ years or older. Price: $84-$94 per person
- All Things Tea: Valentine’s Day Tea offering take away boxes. Valentine’s take away box #1 is $30, box #2 is $30 and box #3 is $15. Each box contains loose leaf tea and an assortment of delicious bites.
- Cantara Cellars: Chocolate covered pretzels included with a tasting. Price: $15
- Relm Camarillo: GRAZING BOX + Wine Special comes with a full charcuterie board offering complete with an assortment of cheese, meats, fresh and dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, crackers and more + a bottle of wine all for just $55.
- Ottavio’s Italian Restaurant: Dinner Specials – Fresh Trout $21 and Spicy Sausage Rigatoni $18. Clam Chowder every Friday. Specials available through Sunday.
- Ric’s Camarillo: Family Style BBQ for two ($45) or four persons ($85). Order online at RicsRestaurant.com
- Twenty88 Bistro: Three-Course Valentine’s Day Dinner with a complimentary glass of Champagne. Choose between Butternut Squash Soup or a Sweetheart Salad as your starter. Choose between the following for your second course: Beef Wellington ($68), Mediterranean Seabass ($59), or Five Cheese Ravioli ($48). The third course their special sweetheart dessert.
- Old New York Deli & Co.: Heart-shaped bagels available February 12-14th.
- Make It Healthy: S’mores meal smoothie served hot or cold paired with Berry spicy loaded tea.
- Braxton’s Kitchen: Pastrami hash and Red velvet pancakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Money Pancho Mexican Restaurant: $50 Per couple meal including a bottle of champagne, appetizer, soup or salad, enchiladas, dessert, and a choice of entrée.
- Bandits’ Grill and Bar: $42.99 Meal for Two including: 1/2 lb. of tri-tip steak, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 rack baby ribs, choice of 2 sides, and garlic rolls.
- Ric’s Restaurant and Sports Lounge: Small plates – Beef salad, lobster bisque, baked brie, Jimmy’s lamb chops, crab cakes. Main – scallops, ribeye, lobster tail, king crab legs. Dessert – red velvet cake, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
Meet Foodie Blogger Alyssa Rodriguez @Lysseats805
Alyssa Rodriguez is an administrative assistant by day and a foodie by morning, afternoon, happy hour, and night. Creativity has always been at the forefront of her life as her wedding videography business took up most of her efforts until 2020. With weddings no longer operable due to the pandemic, Alyssa poured all of her extra time into truly discovering the food scene of Ventura County. What she found is, not only is VC full of good food but it is full of heart – thus LyssEats805, an exploration of all things food and community was born. Her goal is to inspire others to eat and support locally, while also showcasing the wonderful offerings of this special place we call home.