Welcome Back! As we continue to reopen, we encourage responsible travel for the health and safety of your family and our community. Many businesses have reopened and are continuously working to ensure their business is as safe as possible. As you begin to plan your trip, be mindful of local health orders, and follow safety protocols put in place by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S State Department.
As you prepare for your trip…
There are a few things to note to ensure your stay is as safe as possible. Please stay-up-to-date with the information below:
Face Coverings are required – As of June 18, 2020, face masks are required when out in public spaces including, hotel lobbies, public transportation, restaurants (unless sitting down and eating), and in outdoor spaces where maintaining social distancing is not feasible. Please note, there are exceptions to this order including those that have a medical condition and are under the age of 2. To see the complete order and list of exemptions, please read Guidance For The Use of Face Coverings.
Physical Distancing is required – Although many of our recent health orders allow for the reopening of several industries, physical distancing or keeping at least 6 feet from one another, is required. This applies when you are waiting in line at your favorite outlet store or Old Town restaurant. Additionally, practicing good hygiene is one of the best ways to reduce getting sick. Make sure to wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer, cover your cough or sneeze and stay home when you are sick.
COVID-19 Prevention Plans – Businesses must establish, implement and enforce a COVID-19 prevention plan. Additionally, the City of Camarillo put together the “Shop Safe Camarillo” program to offer the necessary information and resources to businesses during this reopening process. If you are a local Camarillo business and would like more information on this initiative or to apply for a Business Recovery Grant, please visit the City of Camarillo website.
As you prepare to make your way through our area, we encourage you to follow the Responsible Travel Code created by Visit California. You can simply remember it by the acronym RESPECT.
Travel California. Respect California.
California Responsible Travel Code
California is a place of wide-open spaces that champions open-mindedness and celebrates diversity. Californians respect our friends and neighbors and their health and safety. We respect the environment, local culture and all the different kinds of people who visit our state. Respect is the key to keeping each other safe and all of California’s precious and fragile beauty protected, today and tomorrow.
Feel free to traipse, travel and follow your joy in California. Please follow this California Responsible Travel Code while doing so.
Roam Responsibly. I will explore California thoughtfully and responsibly, maintaining the utmost respect for everyone and everything I encounter.
Educate Myself. I will do my research before traveling across the state, familiarizing myself with local regulations and community concerns, which may have changed over time. This is especially important in rural communities with limited healthcare resources.
Safety First. I will follow public health directives from government officials, including physical distancing measures. I will take all necessary steps to minimize health risks to myself and others and stay home if I’m sick.
Preserve California. I will protect and nurture the Golden State’s pristine outdoor spaces and cultural icons, by maintaining a light footprint at every turn and paying special attention to delicate ecosystems.
Embrace Community. I will support local businesses and do my part to ensure the long-term prosperity of the places I visit.
Celebrate Culture. I will immerse myself in California’s diverse local cultures and embrace the traditions and practices I encounter.
Teach Others. I will lead by example and share these practices with fellow travelers, acknowledging that we all share the responsibility to protect California.
What is currently open in Camarillo?
Many businesses are now open and others will soon reopen.
- Hotels & lodging – All Camarillo Hotels are open and ready to safely serve you during your next stay. Some hotel amenities including swimming pools are open and available for guests. Please check with your hotel on reopening and restrictions.
- Restaurants for outdoor dine-in (visit the City of Camarillo website for an updated list of openings), take-out and curbside options are still available.
- Breweries and Wineries that don’t offer food service are currently closed. Most are offering carry-out or delivery options (some even ship to you!). For a complete list read our latest blog post: Show Your Support for Camarillo Businesses with takeout, delivery, or easy shipping
- Camarillo Premium Outlets – Notable re-openings include: Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade. More outlet stores are opening daily!
- Additional Retail Stores – including shops and boutiques in Old Town Camarillo and other local retail centers.
- Attractions – Studio Channel Islands Art Studio is open for gallery visits. Private tickets are available for those who would like to view the exhibition outside of normal hours.
- Recreational Activities – Our public golf clubs, Sterling Hills Golf Club and Camarillo Springs Golf Course are open for tee time. Hiking can be enjoyed at Camarillo Grove Park or Hill Canyon Trail and our Aquatic Center is now open to the public.
- For a complete list of open parks and other recreational activities, please visit the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Parks District Website.
*Please check with individual businesses to confirm hours, available services, and safety guidelines.
Local Medical Resources
In the event that you do begin to feel ill while visiting Camarillo, here is the need-to-know urgent care and hospital information.
- Camarillo Urgent Care– 244 Arneill Rd. (805) 383-4520
- Channel Islands Urgent Care & Family Practice– 2103 Pickwick Dr. (805) 914-5592
- Exer Urgent Care– 359 Carmen Dr. (805) 914-5592
- St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital– 2309 Antonio Ave, Camarillo (805) 389-5800
- For more information on COVID-19 testing sites, visit the Ventura County Health Care Agency website.
- If you would like all the latest county news on the pandemic, go to venturacountyrecovers.org
Plan a trip to Camarillo
Our community is working hard to prepare for your return with your safety in mind. Thank you for your support in our community and for traveling responsibly and respectfully.
For more information and inspiration for planning your trip, follow Visit Camarillo on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Don’t forget to get a FREE copy of Visit Camarillo’s 2020 Visitor’s Guide mailed to you or view it here.